Thursday, October 16, 2014

One of our customers posted this to our Facebook page.  Thank you so much Stephanie Thomas for sharing.

Lamont Cheddar & Polkton Corners Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich

Stephanie says:
"Oh dear! I'm not exactly a recipe kind of girl but ... I used locally raised beef sizzler steak thinly sliced, onions from my neighbor, mushrooms from a nameless grocery store (I really need a local source for these), sautéed in butter from Grassfields (yummy), seasoning (I used a splash of New Holland Brewery beer, garlic, Worcestershire, pepper - I forgot one thing I think, lol! Use what you like) slapped it on some homemade bread. For the cheese sauce, I started with a roux and added 1/2 package Lamont & 1/2 package Polkton. It melted into beautiful swirling CHEESY sea of deliciousness. My only regret is not making a double batch of sauce for Mac & cheese today. Next time I'll know better!"


No comments:

Post a Comment